Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook- Tip (Pizza)

I love pizza. I eat pizza frequently. Could be from the cheap place down the street, the quality restaurant I rarely treat myself to or frozen, but be sure, I eat it. Here are some tricks I've learned over the years to improve your frozen pizza experience.

Prior to cooking a frozen pizza, cut the slices. This makes it much easier to handle when it's hot and none of "your" cheese will get on "their" slice. Of course, I'm single so they're all my slices but still...

When I was vegetarian (for those brief few months) I would sautee my favorite vegetables, like onion, zucchini and even tomato and put them on a halfway cooked cheese pizza and put in oven for the rest of the cooking time. Yum.

I almost always buy extra mozzarella cheese when I buy frozen. I love cheese anyway so even if I don't use all of it, which I normally don't, I can use it on other things later. I usually put half the package on for the last 7-10 minutes in the oven so it gets melted and gooey.

Hope this keeps your tummy happy!

1 comment:

  1. really good tip for the vegetables on pizza, I will have to do that on my cheese pizzas

    ReplyDelete