Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #2 More of a Meal Bruchetta

Ever since I saw the film Julie and Julia I've been making bruchetta! I use the same method that Julie used in the film- pan fried and ohhh man is it good. There is one thing though, sometimes I like to have it as a meal but I am usually hungry again after about an hour, even when I have six or seven pieces (oh, you know you'd do it too since it's so good) so I decided that today I would add some protein. Here's what I did.

Heat pure olive oil in a large skillet. Thinly slice chicken breast in small pieces. Thickly slice a wonderful baguette at an angle. Use the heating time to create the topping. Remove seeds from tomato and dice into medium size pieces. Place in large bowl. Add balsalmic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and basil and toss well. Add the chicken pieces to one side of the skillet and the bread to the other. Make sure you swirl the pan to distribute the oil before adding chicken and bread. Add garlic and basil to top of chicken. Cook thoroughly on one side and flip chicken. Lightly brown bread and flip. When both are done, put on plate, pile tomatoes onto everything, and use a fork and knife to get bite size pieces of all ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment