Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #15 Holy Mole!

I tried mole again for the first time in (cough) years and it's not bad. Not sure it's exactly to my taste but good for a change every once in a while. What I made was not particularly interesting- I made some white rice, cooked white meat chicken in a pan and then added the pre-made sauce. I paired it with that amazing corn cake side/dessert from El Torrito (which you can now purchase at grocery stores). That, as always, was amazing. I did do ONE thing which I thought deserved a Kamikaze spot though....read on.

I was trying to figure out what vegetable to pair with my dinner but couldn't decide so I chose to have a salad, but the only dressing I had was honey mustard which didn't sound appealing at all, so....I decided to take some of the mole sauce, put it in the freezer for 5 minutes and put THAT over my salad. I have to say it was new and interesting and you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment