Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #13 Steak and zucchini

Sometimes you just crave "meat"- am I wrong? I thought not. So, I purchased a nice steak and let it cook for about four hours yesterday and had it for dinner (see #9 for seasonings and gravy recipe). I did discover something though- I think next time I will put about two tablespoons of water into the bottom of the pan and cover with foil instead of a cookie sheet over the top. Why? While the meat is very well cooked and pulls apart easily with a fork, it has been a bit dry the last two times I have done this. I'm thinking adding the water and foil will help this problem. The real yummy part is what I did next...

Wash zucchini (or your favorite vegetable), cut off ends and slice in half. After removing the meat from the pan and putting it on a plate in the microwave to keep warm, place the zucchini into the pans' liquid and seasonings and kind of soak up those flavors on both sides. Turn the oven to broil and put the vegetables under for 7-10 minutes or until desired tenderness. This is healthy and way yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment