Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #4 Eggless-Microwaveable Chocolate Cake

I saw an episode of Paula Deen's cooking show where she made these "gooey chocolate cookies" so I decided to make them but I forgot to get eggs while at the market! (Note to self, always make a list.) I was craving chocolate but had no way to make what I intended to make at this point. Here's the solution-although not very inventive, it did the trick until I could make it back to the store.

Use a quarter of a package of chocolate cake mix, add some oil and water, mix and put in a greased dish in the microwave, cooking at 50% power for 1 minute (or until evenly cooked but not overcooked). This actually turned out light and fluffy and I didn't need to use an egg! I could even throw in some nuts if I decide to do this again or some chocolate pieces. Probably a versitile recipe. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment