Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #10 New Life Brownies

I don't really like brownies. I know some of you will be shocked by this revalation but it's true. But sometimes I still buy brownie mix but I add lots of my own stuff to enhance the brownie experience. In the past, I've added pecans, carmel, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Below is my latest escapade.

One box brownie mix- mix as directed. Add chopped pecans, cashews and pistachios. Then add left over, melted fudge (this I made homemade and had just a little bit left). Then add TARRAGON. You heard me correctly. I added this spice just to see what would happen and it's pretty good! Be bold- try something new with a small portion of the next batch you bake. Try, I don't know, balsamic vinegar or cinnamon, or honey. Or, ohhhh, hot fudge- the kind you put on sundae's....melt a bit and pour on top of the mix and then use a knife to swirl it. What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment