Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #11 Swedish Cookies

I found an old cookie recipe book called "Santa's Favorite Cookies" somewhere a while ago and there is one recipe I LOVE and make frequently because it's so versitile and only takes 3 ingredients!

Swedish Cookies- 2 sticks butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 3/4 cup white flour (Did I lie??) Mix, roll into balls and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. You can also half this recipe easily- 1 stick butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup flour (approx). Batter should not be sticky at all.

Now, I love this recipe as above and you should definately try this as is first (yes, even you chocolate lovers....) but I add stuff too when I want to switch it up a bit. I've tried chocolate chips, Dove Promise Milk chocolates, nuts, Heath bar, cocoa powder, caramel. You really could try anything like lime, lemon, or press the cookies flat instead of rolling them into a ball, make a thumb print and put strawberry preserves on top and cook them. Heck, I may try that tonight.

What I made last night was peanut butter and chocolate chips. When you do this, use half butter and half peanut butter and make sure to measure the dry ingredients carefully. Again, just try anything. It doesn't cost that much to make these and you may find your next favorite cookie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment