Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #1 Cream Sauce Chicken 'n Pasta

Necessity really IS the mother of invention! I was hungry but didn't want to go to the store so I took stock in the kitchen. I wanted to use the chicken breast I had and maybe make something with a hint of Asian feel. Here's what I came up with!

Slice chicken breast and cook in heated skillet with garlic and soy sauce (just a couple of splashes). When cooked thoroughly, add Honey Dijon salad dressing (about 1/4 cup) and some water to thin it out. Meanwhile, cook wheat spiral pasta until al dente. As the sauce simmers, scootch everything to one side, add butter to empty side and melt. Once melted, add 1-2 Tablespoons of flour a bit at a time, smoothing with butter as you go. Cook for a moment then add some milk stirring constantly. Once combined and smooth, add to rest of sauce and chicken. Simmer while you drain pasta, mix all together with a few pistacchios and VWALLAH! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment