Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #7 Chicken Pot Pie

Homemade chicken pot pie just sounded so good today that I made it for lunch. I had already made a baked potato and some chicken a few nights ago so I just sliced those up from leftovers and cooked up some carrots in the mircrowave so this was a piece of cake. Enjoy!

You'll need cooked chicken, cooked carrots and cooked potatoes. You can used a jar, envelope mix or canned chicken gravy- this is so easy! Heat the oven to 350 (and by the way, if I don't give you a cooking temp, it's almost always ok to use 350). Put some butter in a bowl and chop it up a bit with a spoon. Add some flour and mix with your hand until it's crumbly. Don't add water. Toss "crust" of flour and butter into the bottom of a greased pan/dish (do not press down), add chicken, potatoes and carrots then pour gravy over top. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Now, did I lie or was that super easy?!? PS- You may wonder why I don't cook the crust ahead of time....I like the crust kind of mushy and flavorful and it is like that when you don't cook it first. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment