Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #3 Whipped Chocolate

Hello. My name is Alexandra and I'm a chocaholic. I recently saw on the Cheese and Chocolate network thingy (see my subscriptions) a women who made homemade mousse. I was craving something sweet one night and I didn't want to go out to buy something (I'm feeling a theme here) so I looked at what I could do. I had some Stater Bros. whipped topping but no quality chocolate to melt as she did on the show. Here was my solution.

Melt some butter in a pan on low heat and add some sugar to melt next. When that's complete, add some powdered cocoa (not hot chocolate, cooking cocoa or baking chocolate) and mix to light boil. Remove from heat quickly transfer to bowl and add some of the whipped topping together with it. Once mixed, fold in remaining whipped topping- you FOLD to keep the mousse light and fluffy. Put in fridge for an hour and there you go. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment