Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #41 Homemade Bon Bons


I'm a chocolate junky. I admit it. When I have the opportunity to go to See's Candies, I take it. The stuff they sell in the grocery store is all sugar and doesn't satisfy me. Which brings me to excellent news- I've found a way to make my own, personal, Bon Bons!

I found a recipe that is super simple and you can just add whatever flavor you want. I made one (pictured) with just vanilla flavoring covered in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and it's divine. The other one I made is homage to See's "Mayfair" which has cherries and walnuts in a milk chocolate shell. I'm very impressed!

Keep in mind that you can almost always easily half or double recipes.

Basic Fondant Recipe:
1/3 c butter (soft)
1/3 c light corn syrup
1t vanilla*
1/2 t salt
1lb powdered sugar

Blend butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. (*If you want a different flavor, and there are endless possibilities, you should use that flavor in place of vanilla.) Add powdered sugar until well combined. Fondant should be smooth and not too sticky. Roll into balls and put into fridge until your chocolate has melted and the balls are set up a bit. You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or combine them for milk chocolate chips. Your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment