Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #40 Spicy Tofu with Noodles


I love bourbon sauce! Carl's Jr. had a burger out for a short time with this delicious, sweet/spicy sauce that I adored. While in the supermarket, I found a envelope mix and thought I'd try it at home. I put it on some chicken and it was good, but a bit to spicy for me. I'm a wimp when it comes to hot. So, with leftover sauce, I decided to try it on tofu. Between the noodles and tofu, the spiciness was contained and I enjoyed it very much. Still wish Carl's would bring that burger back though...

Dice tofu into bite size pieces and marinate in bourbon sauce while preparing the rest of the meal (or longer). Cook egg noodles per package instructions. Heat a pan with a bit of cooking spray or oil. Place marinated tofu into pan and simmer while noodles are cooking. Then add green beans. (You can use fresh or canned.) Once noodles are fully cooked, strain and place back in large pan. Toss tofu and green beans in with noodles and keep on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment