Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook #29 Cheesecake

I was craving cheesecake but all the no-bake recipes I looked up included sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and/or whipped topping; I had none of these, so I decided to just use what I had. Turned out pretty well.

In food processor, whip cream cheese, lemon juice, honey (and cocoa powder if you want chocolate flavor). Put on top of the following "crust".

(This crust is another variation of the vegan/raw chocolate dessert from a previous entry, thought it isn't specifically raw using the last ingredient)

In food processor, grind raw walnuts until very small pieces. Add cocoa (baking cocoa) and blend. Add a few soaked raisins at a time until mixture is just starting to stick together. Add about a tablespoon of chocolate chips and blend until smooth.

Flatten mixture to desired thickness and spoon cheesecake mixture on top. Refrigerate until nice and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment