Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook- Smoothies Are Easy and Inexpensive to make at home!

I've been making smoothies at home for years. The basic ingredients of the smoothies are 99% always the same in my version. This is a more liquid way to do it and less heavy than ones from a "chain":

Plain, low-fat yogurt
Milk
Ice cubes

The version of the smoothie is limited only by your imagination! I've made the following and am always looking for new ideas:

strawberry
strawberry and banana
strawberry, mango, blueberry
peanut butter, banana, (chocolate chips)
pineapple and coconut
vanilla extract and sugar (I add sugar because there is no fruit to naturally add it)
...and I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any right now.

You CAN use frozen yogurt as the base instead of refridgerated yogurt. I believe this is what they use in the chain for that really thick style.

I'm actually going to attempt something new- something I've never attemped before. Kids, you MAY want to wait until after I've tried it before moving forward with this. Instead of yogurt as the base, I'm going to use.....pudding. That's right, I'm going to try Butterscotch pudding, milk, ice cubes and chocolate chips to see how it turns out. It could be dangerous. It could be disasterous but I'm willing to try it...for YOU, followers of this blog. Ok, not really...I'm trying it for me, but if it's good, you'll benefit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment