Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Kamikaze Cook- Lessons, Notes & Flops

I figure we learn lessons the hard way for a reason, but they still suck. When I proceeded to make a new cookie recipe, because I was out of flour, I decided to use rolled oats and make flour out of that instead. You can purchase oat flour, so I found no reason not to do this.

The recipe called for quinoa as well, which is a grain but a complete protein. As usual, I added my own twist on the recipe, removing the refined sugar and butter and using agave and coconut oil instead, and adding chocolate chips to the mix. The taste was a bit bland, but nothing horrible.

However.... an hour after I gorged myself on a few (ok, more than a few) cookies, my stomach bloated up like a Macy's Day Parade balloon! OMG- I thought I would never breathe correctly again!

Lesson- don't gorge yourself on cookies, especially when you've used rolled oats and quinoa...it's just a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment