Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Kamikaze Cook- Lessons, Notes & Flops

Note: You know how when you're hungry you don't think straight? Keep that in mind when you read what I "flopped" yesterday...

Lesson: Well, actually, reminder.....not all things you try will work out.

Flops: I was really sick of chicken; craving a hamburger if you want to know the truth but I didn't have any cash and I didn't want to drive around after doing lots of laundry so I went home to make something. This something turned out to take a lot longer to make than I wanted and was pretty lousy, if I do say so myself...

I cooked some chicken in a skillet, adding cumin, garlic and cilantro. Meanwhile, I boiled water for pasta (thin spaghetti). I had a few left over "salsa/limon" chips so I crushed those up and shredded the remaining hunk of cheddar I had. I sprayed a pan with cooking spray and tossed everything in and baked it at 400 for 10 minutes. Man, I must have been hungry because I actually ate a bit of this but I did NOT save the leftovers which is almost out of the realm of my philosophy but there you have it. I think maybe if I had left out the pasta it would have been better. In fact, I kept saying to myself "forget the pasta" but no, it just went in one ear and out the other...Note to self- listen to that inner voice and always have a buck on hand to buy a burger when in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment